Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Gabriel's Baptism

I am so very proud of Gabriel. Last night, he and I had a conversation with our Pastor and Gabriel is going to be baptized on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009!! The Holy Spirit has been at work on Gabe for a couple of months. He has been asking a lot of questions and Kelly and I have talked with him at length about everything. After he started asking so many questions, I decided to walk with him through several versus in the Bible and really get an understanding of where he was. Then, one night after we'd talked, I was putting him to bed and he called for me. I went to his bedside and he said he wanted to ask Jesus to come into his heart. So, we talked for a few minutes and I made sure he knew what that meant and really understood it. I was satisfied with his answers and I helped him pray. That night, my oldest son became a Christian! We then went to visit with Matt, our Pastor and he asked Gabe some tougher questions than I did, admittedly. Gabe was not quite comprehending eternity and destinations, etc. completely, so Matt didn't think he was totally ready. So, we didn't push him and we just kept talking with him occasionally about everything. Then a couple of weeks ago, Gabe started asking and saying some very interesting things. Finally, when I asked him how long you stay in Heaven and he proceeded to tell me "Forever...well, at least until new Heaven..." (I never told him about new earth) and he continued explaining to me that he was referring to when heaven and earth come together (thank you Awana and G-Force) I knew he was ready. So, again...we went to see Matt and Gabriel knew and understood everything. Matt said he was ready and we are having a baptism service on Sunday!! I am really kind of beside myself with this. It all came about so fast and I can only hope I've been and will be a good Christian example for him. The road isn't easy and this is a journey that he is just now beginning. But, I know where the road leads and that Gabriel is with God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

essayez ce site acheter des répliques sacs en ligne cliquez ici Source trouver plus d'informations répliques de sacs à main gucci